Saturday 19 July 2008

Assimilating Terrains in OpenSim

More OpenSim experiments... This time I was testing the compatibility between SL (TM) raw terrain files and OpenSim files. Essentially I downloaded a raw terrain file from my simulator in SL (TM) and then uploaded it into OpenSim. It worked! But with a strange transfer effect. OpenSim appears to produce a mirror image of the terrain:



This image shows the SL (TM) actual terrain (note that this island's simulator left hand corner is located in the NNW on the mini map)






This is how the same raw terrain file looks in OpenSim (Note that the corresponding sim corner is in the SSW corner of the mini map - when compared to SL (TM) above)



So its scratch head and back to the drawing board. I suspect that it is to do with coordinates, but more testing required. Still it is fun experimenting :D

For the OpenSim developers, I was using: OpenSim 0.5.6-build

No comments: